With Matt Kenseth’s win on his birthday at the 2013 Kobalt Tools 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, it was a cat-and-mouse game between Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne during the last few laps.
- Wheel Issues for Gen-6 Cars. Two-wheel pit stops have become the preferred tire change in the pits.
- Engine Issues for Gen-6 Cars. These cars aren’t meant to pushed for long races like even the previous model, the Car of Tomorrow (CoT) or Gen-5 car.
- Speed. These cars are meant for speed. These cars handle straightaways like a dream but don’t handle corners too well.
- Top Line. The top line favors these Gen-6 cars a LOT.
- Danica Patrick & Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. TMZ Update. They are average NASCAR drivers at best. Their rookie status means little. Some have it. Some don’t. They don’t. Just ask Juan Pablo Montoya. He’s flattened out at around 15th to 20th by the end of recent seasons.
- Brad Keselowski. He’s running well these past few races with him getting pole position on this track. On this track, he placed third, and he’s second in the overall standings to date. Impressive so far.
- Jimmie Johnson. Jimmie Johnson has returned to form this Sprint Cup season. He’s number 1 on the leaderboard.
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Junior is third on the Sprint Cup leaderboard so far, but it’s only the beginning of the 2013 season. Karma might catch up to him again like in previous seasons.
- Chrevolet SS Gen-6 Cars. They top the results leaderboard again.
- Toyota Camry Gen-6 Cars. These cars have not yet proven themselves on the tracks just yet. But Matt Kenseth’s Toyota proved these cars can win — and win honestly.
- The Cool Down Lap: Kobalt Tools 400 (thefarmclub.net)
- 2013 Subway Fit Fresh 500 at Pheonix International Speedway: 10 Things that Spun Our Wheels (phillyfantasysports.com)
- The Pace Lap: Kobalt Tools 400 (thefarmclub.net)
- Kobalt Tools 400 2013 Results: Reaction, Leaders and Post-Race Analysis (bleacherreport.com)
- MST: Kenseth celebrates birthday with win in Vegas (motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com)
- Photos: Matt Kenseth wins the NASCAR Kobalt Tools 400 in Las Vegas Sunday (photos.denverpost.com)
- Photos: Matt Kenseth wins the NASCAR Kobalt Tools 400 in Las Vegas Sunday (photos.mercurynews.com)