With an exciting race unfolding at the Auto Club 400 in Fontana, California, Kyle Busch stole the race as Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano continued their feud from the previous week on the racetrack during the last 15 laps of the race. However, as a result of the battle, Denny Hamlin is sidelined for the STP Booster 500 at Martinsville Speedway next week at least.
Here’s the 10 things that spun Philly Fantasy Sports’ wheels in this race:
- The last 15 laps of this race was great. The aggression in the NASCAR races have returned to form on and off the track.
- Denny Hamlin got sidelined for the next race at Martinsville Speedway.
- Kurt Busch still protects his brother, Kyle Busch, during the race. He blocked Denny Hamlin momentarily after a couple of laps into a restart.
- Don’t ever underestimate Kyle Busch in any race. He’s an aggressive driver.
- Chrevolets and Fords again top the leaderboards with the exception of Kyle Busch’s and Matt Kenseth’s Toyotas. The Toyotas are making progress.
- Danica Patrick and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Not much has changed for these really. They placed 2oth and 26th. Enough with the media attention already.
- Tony Stewart had some beef with Joey Logano too. Joey Logano has not made much progress in the friends’ category in this race.
- Joey Logano. Poor guy. He’s now made enemies with veterans Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin. I think we should watch out for what happens in Martinsville. It ain’t gonna be pretty.
- Right-wheel problems have resurfaced. These cars are going at these speeds aren’t saving these wheels.
- Top line seems to be the best for these Gen-6 cars. It has been proven over these last few races.
Now onto the next race at Martinsville Speedway…if this race is a sign of things to come, be prepared for a whole lot of trading paint and a whole lot of NASCAR drama.
- Denny Hamlin has compression fracture in back (usatoday.com)
- Analysis: NASCAR wins with fighting, wrecking – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)
- 2013 Auto Club 400: Busch earns sixth weekend sweep with win (Photos) (examiner.com)
- Auto Club 400 Ends With Denny Hamlin In An Ambulance And Tony Stewart Brawling With Joey Logano (deadspin.com)
- Hamlin has lower-back compression fracture (espn.go.com)
- Denny Hamlin: NASCAR Driver Hospitalized After Horrific Crash (hollywoodlife.com)