With Jimmie Johnson’s stellar finish at the 2013 STP Gas Booster 500 at Martinsville Speedway, there was lots of trading paint with some suffering more than others. Amazingly, it was a relatively tame race, all things considering.
But here are 10 things that spun our wheels at Philly Fantasy Sports:
- Pit problems showed its ugly head once again in this race. Jeff Gordon and Mark Martin suffering the worst of it.
- Brian Vickers had a rough race. His Toyota was decimated in so many ways yet he found a way to pull through 11th place.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. had a rough day as nothing went well with his car in this race.
- Danica Patrick pulled into 12th for a rookie, and this is her first time in Martinsville. Impressive.
- Right-front tire problems resurfaced in this race. The Goodyear tires can’t tolerate these higher speeds without breaking down.
- Chrevolets and Fords dominated the top spots once again.
- Jimmie Johnson didn’t play nice with his teammate, Dale Earnhardt Jr. as Jimmie Johnson intentionally lapped him after Junior spun out. Jimmie Johnson also dominated the race by leading 347 out of 500 laps.
- Brad Keselowski had another impressive run as he placed sixth in this race at Martinsville Speedway and is currently second in points on the leaderboard.
- Denny Hamlin was sidelined for this race due to injury. Mark Martin salvaged a 10th place win for him.
- Joey Logano behaved himself in this race. Although there was some trading paint during the race, nothing has been severe — as of yet. I’m surprised Tony Stewart wasn’t gunning for him.
With a relatively calm race at Martinsville Speedway, NASCAR fans will have to wait to see if sparks ignite at the NRA 500 at Texas Motor Speedway next week. Perhaps Joey Logano will get his due…or Denny Hamlin’s replacement, the veteran Mark Martin, gets his.
- 2013 Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway: 10 Things That Spun Our Wheels (phillyfantasysports.com)
- Jimmie Johnson gets win at Martinsville (cnsnews.com)
- Johnson wins 8th Sprint Cup race at Martinsville (espn.go.com)
- The Pace Lap: STP Gas Booster 500 (thefarmclub.net)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Power Rankings: STP Gas Booster 500 (thefarmclub.net)