After a dominating performance by Buffalo Bills Fred Jackson against the Cincinnati Bengals, this season has twisted again, but before you count Fred Jackson as one of the top backs, be wary of the moderately tough schedule ahead for the Buffalo Bills.
The Must-Starts are changing, but some of these have caveats attached.
- Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings. Unless the Vikings decide to finish the season off strong, Peterson will be left with scraps.
- Arian Foster of the Houston Texans.
- Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans. The Vince Young, Jeff Fisher and Randy Moss dynamics will affect his production onward.
- Peyton Hillis of the Cleveland Browns.
- Ray Rice of the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens offense is hitting its stride. Something that hasn’t been said in quite a while.
- Rashard Mendenhall of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Coach Mike Tomlin really needs to focus on the run again, like the beginning of the season.
- Darren McFadden of the Oakland Raiders.
Now to the rest of the teams:
BenJarvus Green-Ellis (New England Patriots vs. Detroit Lions): Easily RB1.
Javhid Best/Maurice Morris (Detroit vs. New England): RB2s at best; RB3s or flexes at worst.
Cedric Benson (Cincinnati Bengals vs. New York Jets): Tough sledding. Solid RB2, but prepare for the worst.
LaDanian Tomlinson (New York vs. Cincinnati): Solid RB1 against this defense.
Mike Goodson/Jonathan Stewart (Carolina Panthers vs. Cleveland Browns): RB2 at best.
LeSean McCoy (Philadelphia Eagles vs. Chicago Bears): Low-end RB1.
Matt Forte (Chicago vs. Philadelphia): High-end RB2.
Maurice Jones-Drew (Jacksonville Jaguars vs. New York Giants): High-end RB2. Rush blitzing will not play in Jones-Drews’ favor.
Brandon Jackson (Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons): RB2 at best. RB3 realistically.
Michael Turner (Atlanta vs. Green Bay): RB2.
LaGarrette Blount/Cadillac Williams (Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Baltimore Ravens): Solid RB2.It will be interesting how the Buccaneers will approach this game.
Keiland Williams (Washington Redskins vs. Minnesota Vikings): RB2 at best.
Steven Jackson (St. Louis Rams vs. Denver Broncos): RB1.
Knoshown Moreno (Denver vs. St. Louis): Could be a RB1.
Fred Jackson (Buffalo Bills vs. Pittsburgh Steelers): Tough sledding. RB3.
Mike Tolbert (San Diego Chargers vs. Indianapolis Colts): Low-end RB1.
Joseph Addai/Donald Brown (San Diego vs. Indianapolis): RB3 against this defense.